PRE-ORDER Kingdom Hearts III on PlayStation 4

Monday 12 August 2013

SMASH! Sydney Manga and Anime Show! Experience and Opinion!


Hi everyone it's Xeb, On Saturday 10th of August I went and experience SMASH! Sydney Manga and Anime Show 2013 and I'll be talking about my experience and my opinion of this convention, which is down below to read:


TICKETS 

Well... where do I begin... oh yes, getting my ticket to Smash. Getting my ticket was the most hardest thing that I got, my Papal would not allow me to purchase my ticket, because of multable errors not with Paypal, but with Smash! payment methods. So... I had to ask a relative to buy me a ticket and even she had troubles purchasing it, but in the end I got my ticket to Smash! I was very Happy. 


 TRAVEL 

On the day I arrived at Smash! by car, around 9:20am and looking forward. The line was long and I mean long... But it went fast and was happy with that.


MAID CAFE

As I went inside... I went to book a reserve for the Maid Cafe, I went up stairs and waited in line to book a spot, as I was half way there the butler said that they were booked out... I WAS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! Nearly everyday on the Smash website I wanted to book a spot for me for the Maid Cafe, as the days progress the was NO mention of a web booking for the Cafe so... obviously I had to wait in line at the venue for a spot, but sadly didn't get to try it.

COSPLAY ACTIVITIES

I was wondering around, I went to the Battle Royal Cosplay at 12:00pm I was so confused were the location was... 10 minutes later I found it outside (instead of inside like the map showed) I entered the torment feeling happy and excited, but I had to be a pawn in a boring card game and wasn't too impressed.


MEET AND GREET (SIGNING)

I went inside a did some shopping which was all good and fun... around 2:00pm I was looking for the signing area for Morita son, because I lost my map... I asked someone to direct me to the area and he said "THE SIGNING ARE HELD OPPOSITE OF THE SIREN VISUAL THEATRE" and I thought it was the same as last year... so I waited and waited sitting near a stair case for half an hour until 2:30pm. I was wondering why weren't there any people around? so I went inside the room and I ask someone different and she said "THE SIGNINGS ARE UP AT THE 3RD FLOOR UP" so... I ran up as fast as I can to the signing, waited in line until they said that they RAN OUT of tickets for Morita son and told people that they couldn't get in, I was tearing up with sadness.


(Wanted to see him so.... badly)

As you can see I didn't enjoy SMASH! as I should have. Were there any positives?

Cosplay is the number one fun thing that you can enjoy at SMASH! I had fun and so did a few of my friends, which were great. The Stage performances were great, the art and drawing workshops, they had were nice and interactive. The shopping was again great there was so many Anime, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy stuff, I wanted it all


Tickets Purchase - ★★☆☆☆

Maid Cafe - ★☆☆☆☆
Cosplay Activities - ★★☆☆☆
Meet and Greet (Signing) ★☆☆☆☆
Performances - ★★★★☆
Workshops - ★★★★☆
Shopping Stores - ★★★☆☆
Venue - ★★★☆☆

Overall, this year was not the greatest and was very unorganised, but it was a nice day to get out of the house and experiences the things I love. Would I go to the new venue in 2014? Maybe? (only, if my friends go).


4.5 out of 10

Please leave your comment down below:

No comments: