PRE-ORDER Kingdom Hearts III on PlayStation 4

Tuesday 17 November 2015

FLASH BACK! Prior & After The Kingdom Hearts Premium Theatre Event!

Hi everyone it's Xebs, during my trip to Japan, a lot of breaking news happened, which I didn't get to cover. So... I'll be listing the events that took place during my absents.


Halloween Town Sora & Riku Play Arts Kai Figures Up For Pre-Order!


 








Final coloured versions of the Kingdom Hearts II Riku and Kingdom Hearts II Halloween Town Sora Play Arts Kai figures have finally been revealed. These figures will be in stores February 2016, however you can now pre-order Sora and Riku at the SQUARE-ENIX e-store. 

They were first shown as prototypes at San Diego Comic-Con 2015, Tokyo Game Show 2015, and New York Comic-Con 2015.

 


 
 


 
 



 


 










Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater event at D23 Expo Japan 2015


Ok, during my trip to Japan I went to DisneySea, on the same day as the Kingdom Hearts Premium Theatre Event. During that day I went looking around the place, then I saw a couple of Kingdom Hearts cosplayers heading to the event, so I followed them to the Cinema Ikspairi.

As I approached the ticket booth at the Cinema Ikspairi, I said to the woman who served me (in my very bad Japanese) "Do you have anymore tickets?", She replied in English "No sorry, you should come earlier, tickets [were] still available". She gave me the impression that I could have entered the Kingdom Hearts event if I rocked up earlier. I was very upset.

While I was about to leave... I saw something that made me so happy, which I'll be explaining more soon.


 


 











(Photos I taken at the Cinema Ikspairi)

So what were the BIG announcements at the Kingdom Hearts Premium Theatre Event.

What did the new Kingdom Hearts III trailer showcased?

  • The world based on Tangled makes an appearance, with a new flower Heartless.
  • A new Nobody is shown, confirming their return as an enemy in Kingdom Hearts III.
  • The conversation between young Eraqus and young Xehanort is expanded upon from what we've seen previously at E3 2015 and Tokyo Game Show 2015 (Later revealed that this conversation is in the event-exclusive trailer).
  • Sora locks on to 10 Heartless and begins to attack at lightning speeds for a temporary period of time!
  • The speedy action of the KH3 trailer surprised some.
  • New abilities of Sora, Donald, and Goofy were revealed. 
  • Footage of 3 people riding on Goofy's shield and attacking.
  • Character movements in battle scene are detailed. Especially Sora's legs in the river.
  • There was a river Sora fell into while fighting heartless.
  • Towards the end of the trailer, there is a scene with Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ven, Aqua, Terra, Namine, Roxas and Lea. This is the scene that made many fans emotional.
What did the new Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer showcased?

  • All Foretellers' parts had voice acting in the trailer.
  • Yen Sid speaks to Riku, Kairi and Mickey about the seven guardians of pure light and why they must protect the Princesses of Heart.
  • Ven, Aqua, Terra also come up in this conversation.
  • Mickey tells Riku and Kairi about his recent visit to the Realm of Darkness.
Also confirmed was that Beast's Castle will be making an appearance in Kingdom Hearts χ[chi].

 







During the event, composers Yoko Shimomura and Hiroyuki Nakayama performed music from the Kingdom Hearts series. 


Also making an appearances was director Tetsuya Nomura, alongside the voice actors: Miyu Irino (Sora), Risa Uchida (Kairi), Mamoru Miyano (Riku), Megumi Toyoguchi (Aqua), Ryoutarou Okiayu (Terra) and Kouki Uchiyama (Ventus & Roxas). Last but not least... King Mickey himself made an appearance to greet the attendees at the event.


Cloud Strife Join Super Smash Bros!



To everyones surprise, Nintendo announced that Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII will be entering Super Smash Bros. For Wii U & 3DS as a brand new playable character. Nintendo did not reveal any release date for Cloud in Super Smash Bros. However needless to say the trailer look awesome with his Omnislashes attack, Chocobos and familiar looking summons.

No comments: