PRE-ORDER Kingdom Hearts III on PlayStation 4

Friday 17 May 2013

The Future of Kingdom Hearts: Worlds We'd Love to See! Part 2!


It's been a week since my last post, so I think it's time for me to reveal the second part of my article! At the end of the original Kingdom Hearts, we saw the many worlds returning - thousands of stars coming back into being. Since then, we've only visited a handful of new worlds. Here's a list of another six other worlds we'd love to see in Kingdom Hearts III.

Pirates of the Caribbean (2006/2007)
We've already seen Port Royal in Kingdom Hearts II. And, like many, I was a little bit excited when Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrived, the world logo appeared, and Yoko Shimomura's beautiful haunting music began. Jack was a great party member, and with the success of the world in Kingdom Hearts II, I would love to see it return, with elements from the second and third movies (and, perhaps, even the fourth!)


Pocahontas (1995)
It's been a long, long time since I've seen this movie, but I remember it fondly. It's beautiful art style and lovable characters would work well among the likes of Sora and company, though perhaps the story would have to change slightly. This, I think, wouldn't be a bad thing - I personally feel that Kingdom Hearts II followed their world's respective stories a little too closely. Even if Kingdom Hearts III follows this trend, perhaps a world based on this film could be a refreshing breath of air.


Monsters Inc. (2001)
I spoke of Pixar worlds in Part 1 of this article and I'm not about to stop! Monsters Inc. is one of my absolute favourites - great storyline, colourful characters, and amazing scenes. These elements would all be great in the Kingdom Hearts series. I can already see the climax of the world, with Sora grinding and gliding between doors, trying to defeat Randall. Or, perhaps, Waternoose. The world of Monstropolis has incredible potential and unlimited possibilities.


Treasure Planet (2002)
Another film in the Disney Animated Canon that we haven't seen in the Kingdom Hearts series at all! No world, no characters, no references. Despite not being one of the most popular Disney films, it met with positive reviews and was even nominated for an Academy Award. I would love to see Solar Sailing in Kingdom Hearts, or even one or two characters from the film.

Brother Bear (2003)
Brother Bear... another classic film. It's fairly recent, but had brilliant cinematography and characters. Perhaps, upon visiting the world, Sora, Donald, and Goofy could change to animal form again, as they did in the Pride Lands. At first it seems like an odd choice, but with a few heartless and a bit of imagination, I can see it working beautifully within the Kingdom Hearts universe.


Brave (2012)
Unfortunately, I haven't seen this movie. But the thought of having Merida as a party member is still exciting. At the moment, we've had a total of two Disney female party members - Ariel and Mulan. (Minnie had a minor role but wasn't an official party member.) Merida is a strong character with a world that I'd love to see. Perhaps we'll see it in Kingdom Hearts III.

So, that concludes this episode and my thoughts about future worlds. There is a ton of content and possibilities, so, hopefully, some of them will be found in the future of the Kingdom Hearts series. What did you think this time? Agree with any of my thoughts? Disagree?

Stay tuned for my next article - "The Future of Kingdom Hearts: Square Characters"!

No comments: