PRE-ORDER Kingdom Hearts III on PlayStation 4

Thursday 2 April 2015

Disney - The Live Action Remakes


Hey guys, Steven here! Now, I've noticed a trend, and I'm sure you have to. If you haven't, let me fill you in. Disney, of late had decided to go on bender. A bender that includes creating all it's classic animated films into live action films.



Disney's Maleficent (2014)

This started in 2014 with Disney's Maleficent, a film I was excited to see, because as a fan of Kingdom Hearts I loved the evil character of Maleficent. I was dubious about the casting of Angelina Jolie (who I know can a good actress given the right role, *cough*Changeling*cough*) mostly because of how terrible Charlize Theron was in Snow White and the Huntsman, and although that film was not made by Disney, the disappointing fairy tale film had left a sour taste in my mouth.


After watching the film I found my hesitation to be well founded. The acting was sub-par but the plot about a kind Maleficent to ruin the character. The queen of evil didn't need redemption. The way she was so evil is what made her so interesting.



Live-action Cinderella (2015)

And now Disney's live action Cinderella has been released. Although I am yet to see it so cannot pass judgement (however I am a fan of many of the actors in the film), I am happy with the casting of Cinderella. As someone who watches Downton Abbey I find Lily James to be a perfect fit for the role. However, this remaking of classic Disney films had me worried. I asked myself, "is Disney just going to go through an remake all their classic cartoon films into live action versions?"


Much to my disappointment this turned out to be true. Disney is now remaking The Jungle Book into a live action version, remaking Pete's Dragon and creating a live action version of Mulan and Dumbo.



Disney's Mulan (1998)

Now Disney has already copped criticism for making terrible sequels to it's original great films, so how many more live action versions of their classic films will they make? I recently tweeted expressing my opinion on this. But us at Kingdom Hearts #1 Fan Please! would like to know what the Disney fans think?


Do you approve of Disney remaking it's classic films as live action movies? Are there any in particular you would like to see? We'd love to hear from you, so comment underneath or drop a message over on our forums: http://khplease.freeforums.net/


Thanks guys!

No comments: